Do you have a passion for embedded systems and want to work close to hardware? Are you fascinated by seeing your code controlling more than just a computer? Do you thrive in an environment where different disciplines interact? Then you should join the embedded software team at Profoto!
The embedded software team at Profoto creates the code that enables photographers all over the globe to create great light in every image. The products our software control range from very small handheld LED lights to incredibly powerful xenon flashes. The importance of software in these products increases as they becomes more and more connected and software is replacing hardware for system control.
What we are looking for
Profoto is now looking for a Embedded Software Developer who wants to be involved not only in producing beautiful code but also enjoys setting up continuous build systems, create interface specification and work with automated hardware in the looptesting.
Profoto is hiring for attitude and potential and preferably hire high achievers that are willing to learn, want to work at a fast pace and look forward to develop with us.
As an Embedded Software Developer you will be working in the Embedded Software team and report to the team manager. You will be working in an agile team delivering to product development projects. The main responsibilities will be to
- Develop clean, testable and maintainable C++ code within ongoing projects
- Collaborate with electronics and mobile app developers to provide outstanding user experience
- Define and document architecture of software and systems
- Work with feature growth, maintenance and bug fixing of the existing product range
To be successful in this position you should
- Have MSc or similar degree in a relevant area such as electronics, computer science, mechatronics or similar
- Excellent skills in C++
- Industrial experience of embedded systems development using standard tools for ARM based systems
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Preferable have experience with continuous integration and testing
- Preferable have experience with Linux and Python script
You like to take responsibility for planning of your own work and easily communicate with others. You are interested in trying new methods technologies and tools and also share your experiences with your coworkers. You have an understanding for or willingness to learn the fields listed below:
- ARM Cortex-M class micro controllers
- Real time operating systems
- Control theory
- Bluetooth low energy
- Proprietary 2.4GHz radio protocols
- Development with Linux, Python, Git and Jenkins
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you feel you have the potential to join our team, please apply with an updated CV and personal letter. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis, so apply today!
What we offer
Innovation has secured our position as the leading choice for the world's best photographers. So, our culture is creative, entrepreneurial, forward thinking and agile. That's why we're looking for the very best and the very brightest to help make us better. Talented and driven people who are keen to enter a growing and fast-paced environment where responsibility is given early.
We are committed to growth and we want our people to grow with us. To achieve this we offer an ambitious, high quality and demanding culture where we value to have fun together as we build a world class company with a premium brand. We strongly believe and therefore offer our employees freedom and trust, coaching leadership and strong individual development.