Do you want to be a key player providing premium, high-tech products to the world’s best photographers? Do you have high standards and want to drive change at a fast-paced environment where own initiatives are embraced and encouraged? Do you love both strategic and operative responsibilities and to secure the deliveries within strategic purchasing?
What we are looking for
Profoto continues to grow and we are now looking for an ambitious and smart Manager for our Strategic Purchasing Team. This managerial position secures the development and transition of Categories to meet tomorrow’s requirements and growing demand.
This role works closely with R&D, Product Management and Supply Chain at Profoto’s HQ in Sundbyberg.
This role is part of the Operations & Quality team, and you will lead the team as well as take the responsibility of some categories yourself. You own the assigned Categories and are responsible for our strategic sourcing related activities. Your focus has important impact on the financial result, and have full control to develop the categories, selecting suppliers and roll out the strategy.
You will be independent in leading and creating strategy for your Categories and manage the suppliers to optimize quality, cost and deliveries to Profoto’s contract manufacturers in Europe, Asia and to our central warehouse.
Your responsibilities as Manager:
- Personnel responsibilities of the Team members
- Secure and align the priorities of the Team on day-to-day activities
- Ensure the strategical deliveries of the Team such as New Technologies Projects, risk assessments.
- Drive changes to align the Team with the future company needs.
Your responsibilities as Strategic Purchaser / Category Manager:
- Supplier selection and Supplier development
- Develop and implement the strategies and plans for your categories
- Management of supplier agreements/contracts and negotiations
- Support New Product Development projects
- Quality and cost assurance activities (from TCO perspective)
- Delivery assurance activities, including capacity planning
- Master data management in the ERP-system
To succeed in this role, you have a clear vision for your team, and experience leading the selection process, management and development of the assigned Categories supplier base in Europe and Asia. You have a genuine affinity for technical development, as well as:
- Master degree (Engineering, Business Administration, Economy)
- Experience in strategic sourcing and preferably with technical category management on an international level
- Experience in driving change and development work
- Team Management experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- International trips to meet with suppliers and partners at frequent basis
You have a strong drive, enjoying networking cross functionally. You have a strategic view, but also want to stay operational, having commercial mindset and quality and improvement focused. In addition you have:
- Interest in technology, i.e. HW products and related development and production activities
- Strong business acumen and customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Capacity to work strategically as well as detailed and operationally
- Experience of driving Supplier Audits
- Entrepreneurial person with strong negotiating skills
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment with high achieving coworkers
- Experience from quality assurance work (APQP - PPAP) is a merit
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you feel you have what it takes to become the Manager of Strategic Purchasing team, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school grades. Last day to apply is 31st of May, 2022. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis, so apply today!
What we offer
Innovation has secured our position as the leading choice for the world's best photographers. So, our culture is creative, entrepreneurial, forward thinking and agile. That's why we're looking for the very best and the very brightest to help make us better. Talented and driven people who are keen to enter a growing and fast-paced environment where responsibility is given early.
We are committed to growth and we want our people to grow with us. To achieve this we offer an ambitious, high quality and demanding culture where we value to have fun together as we build a world class company with a premium brand. We strongly believe and therefore offer our employees freedom and trust, coaching leadership and strong individual development.