Do you want to join an international organization that provides world-class products to the world’s best image creators? Do you want to be one of the key players in ensuring exciting new product launches in a fast-growing company? Join the highly skilled team at Profoto and enable development of the world’s leading lighting products.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Category Manager to grow our Category team. Each Category Manager owns the assigned Categories, and this role is responsible for our strategic sourcing related activities. This key role has an impact on the financial result, and you will have full control to develop your categories, selecting suppliers and roll out your strategy. You will lead the development and transition of Categories to meet tomorrow’s requirements and growing demand, driving product innovation and competitiveness through a robust, cost-effective and compliant supply-chain
This role is based in Sundbyberg, at Profoto’s HQ in Stockholm. The position requires frequent business trips to meet with suppliers and partners around the world (30-50 days per year).
As Profoto's Category Manager you will be working closely with R&D, Product Management and Supply Chain. You will lead the selection process, management, and development of the assigned Categories supplier base mainly in Europe and Asia. You will lead and create specific strategies for your Categories and manage the suppliers to optimize quality, cost and deliveries to Profoto’s contract manufacturers in Europe, Asia and to our central warehouse.
- Supplier selection and Supplier development
- Develop and implement the strategies and plans for your categories
- Management of supplier agreements/contracts and negotiations
- Conduct supplier audits and risk assessments to maintain a high level of product quality and compliance optimizing cost-efficiency and performance
- Support New Product Development and Technology projects
- Quality and cost assurance activities including product validation according to PPAP process
- Delivery assurance activities, including capacity planning
To succeed in this role, you need to have proven experience in a similar role and a genuine affinity for technical development, as well as:
- Master degree is mandatory (Engineering, Business Administration, Economy)
- Experience in strategic sourcing and preferably within category management on an international level
- Experience in driving change and development work
- Experience within Supplier Quality Management is a strong merit
- Fluent in written and spoken English
You are structured, have high drive, good negotiation skills, and you are a person that knows how to create and maintain long term relationships, internally and externally. You have a clear vision, enjoying working cross functionally. You have a strategic view, but wants to work operationally, commercially and quality driven, always striving for improvements. In addition, you have:
- Interest in technology, i.e. HW products and related development and production activities
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Capacity to work strategically as well as detailed and operationally
- Knowledge of driving Supplier Audits and managing Supplier Quality Assurance
- Experience from quality assurance work (APQP - PPAP) is a merit
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you feel you have what it takes to become our new Strategic Purchaser, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school grades. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis, so apply today!
What we offer
Innovation has secured our position as the leading choice for the world's best photographers. Our culture is creative, entrepreneurial, forward thinking and agile. That's why we're looking for the very best and the very brightest to help make us better. Talented and driven people who are keen to enter a growing and fast-paced environment where responsibility is given early.
We are committed to growth, and we want our people to grow with us. To achieve this we offer an ambitious, high quality and demanding culture where we value having fun together as we build a world class company with a premium brand. We strongly believe and therefore offer our employees freedom and trust, coaching leadership and strong individual development.